This RaceQuip SFI 3.3 rated double layer underwear hood, also called a balaclava or head sock, is knit from a blend of aramid and FRC fabrics to achieve a comfortable fire retardant garment. The properties of this unique fabric structure create a lightweight fabric that performs like Nomex® yet is much more cost effective. The Fire Retardant Cotton (FRC) component of the fabric promotes a soft and supple lightweight feel. Since it’s hypoallergenic, it won’t irritate your skin like some other materials tend to do. This proprietary fabric blend is also superior at wicking away mositure from the skin and dries quickly. Seams are flat sewn and strategically placed to avoid pressure points and promote comfort. All RaceQuip fire retardant underwear garments are machine washable and retain their shape well. This hood is a two layer, one eyeport design with a long bib in the front. Exceeds SFI 3.3 rating and is available in black, one size fits all adults.
- SFI 3.3 Rated (Tags Affixed)
- Two Layers of Lightweight Aramid and FRC Blended Fabric
- Superior Moisture Wicking Properties
- Hypoallergenic – Won’t Irritate Skin
- Soft and Supple Knit Fabric Dries Quickly
- Seams are Strategically Placed and Flat Sewn for Comfort
- Machine Washable